How do you accept payment?
Virginia Tile accepts:
• American Express
• Checks (No third party checks)
Do I need to seal my tile?
Certain materials may be porous and require sealing. If a product needs to be sealed as a normal maintenance procedure it will be noted on your tile selection sheet.
• Stone – All natural stone must be sealed with an impregnating sealant and will require resealing on a regular basis as normal maintenance.
• Ceramic – Generally, glazed ceramic tile does not have to be sealed; however, ceramic tile with a crackle glaze must be sealed with an impregnating sealer and will require resealing on a regular basis as normal maintenance.
Why should I inspect my tile before installation?
Since there is a shade variation in all natural stone, fired ceramic and porcelain products, the tile dye-lot for your particular installation may not be the same as the sample you selected. It is very important to inspect your tile before installation, as installation of material constitutes acceptance. Absolutely no claim will be considered after the product is installed. Under no circumstance will Virginia Tile be responsible for costs exceeding the cost of material to our customer.
What is your return policy?
Materials must meet the following criteria:
• Returned within 30 days of purchase.
• Full, unopened and undamaged cartons of a currently stocked dye-lot.
Non-returnable material includes:
• Special order items.
• Discounted products.
• Grouts, thinsets, mastics and other date/moisture/temperature sensitive material.
*A 20% restocking fee will be applied to all returns
*All returned material is subject to inspection before approval. Please call ahead to inquire about any return possibility.
How do I track my order?
Get tracking information from your tile contractor, builder or designer.
How can I place my order?
Our tile is sold through the trade: Tile Contractors, Retail Dealers, Architects, Designers and Builders. You will need to consult with your trade professional for measuring your tile and placing the final order.
Do you install products?
Virginia Tile is a tile distributor; we leave the installation to trade professionals.
Do I have to work with a designer or an architect?
Working with a designer or architect is not required but can be helpful on more complicated projects. Our consultants are available for tile design assistance in the showroom. A designer or architect may be able to better assess your individual needs with regard to space, light, color, texture and flow of your overall home environment.
What is the usual ETA for a product?
• Stock items can be available immediately or up to 48 hours.
• Quick Ship items are available from 1-4 weeks.
• Made to order items are available from 4-8 weeks.
• Imported and Factory Stock items are available from 6-10 weeks.
What is the difference between ceramic and porcelain?
Porcelain tiles are very dense and have a water absorption rate of less than .5%. Ceramic tiles are made predominately of white clay body and have a water absorption rate of greater than .5%. Because porcelain is denser it tends to have a higher durability rating. Some porcelain tiles can be used outdoors as well as indoors, while most ceramic tile can be used indoor only. There are exceptions and our showroom consultants will be happy to assist you in finding the appropriate tile for your particular installation.
For a successful visit to Virginia Tile what should I bring?
Please bring the following:
• Electronic Drawings/Blue Prints
• Inspiration Photos
• Fabric Swatches
• Cabinet Samples
• Carpet Samples
• Hardwood Flooring Samples
• Countertop Samples
• Paint Chips
What type of products do you carry?
• Terra Cotta
• Metal Accents
• NuHeat System
• Schluter Systems
• Installation Products
• Cleaning and Sealant Products
The following products are available in Kansas, Oklahoma and Western Missouri
• Resilient Flooring (Rubber & Vinyl)
• Woodworking Products
Are you open to the public?
Yes, we are open to the public. Consultations are available by walk in or by appointment. If you are interested in an appointment with a design consultant, please contact your nearest showroom.